INFORMATION FROM THE SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE
Here we propose some quotations taken from important manuals of phytotherapy, from web pages, from scientific studies,
both Italian and foreign.
The active compounds of Imperatoria have radical scavenger action.
Sevastre et. al. Peucedanum oreoselinum l. Moench effect in ehrlich ascitic carcinoma.
Bulletin UASVM, Veterinary Medicine 65(1)/2008
Water-soluble fibers such as inulin ingested with plenty of water, form a voluminous and dense gel that alleviates the sense of hunger by filling the stomach. The gastric distension and the slowing down of the emptying of the stomach contribute to the sense of satiety. The viscous mass reduces the absorption of sugars and fats by incorporating and retaining part of the food or by a barrier effect. These fibres seem to improve glucose tolerance and reduce insulin secretion. They also boast an effect on cholesterol reduction and sugar absorption.
Drug Dialogue Editorial Board. DOSSIER: what we would like to know about slimming products... and we dare not ask. no. 3 - May-June 2002. http://www.dialogosuifarmaci.it/rivista/pdf/CO-200205-3_707.pdf
Oral administration of inulin reduces total cholesterol, LDL, VLDL and triglyceride levels in dyslipidemic and obese subjects.
Balcazar-Munoz B.R. et al M Effect of oral inulin administration on lipid profile and insulin sensitivity in subjects with obesity and dyslipidemia - PubMed: Rev Med Chil. 2003 Jun;131(6):597-604.
It can be considered an important source of polyphenols with antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
Vlase L. et al. Evaluation of Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities and Phenolic Profile for Hyssopus officinalis, Ocimum basilicum and Teucrium chamaedrys. Molecules. 2014 Apr 28;19(5):5490-507.
Texts for the scientific study of phytotherapy
– Lugli A. Knowing the medicinal plants. 40 practical cards, many curiosities and useful tips. Aboca editions. 2010.
- Capasso F. et al. Phytotherapy. Rational use of plant drugs. Springer-Verlag. 2006.
- Campanini. Dictionary of Phytotherapy and Medicinal Plants. New Techniques. 2012.
ESCOP- European Scientific Cooperation on Phytotherapy:
– ESCOP Monographs The scientific basis of phytotherapy products. Italian edition of the second English edition edited by Planta Medica Edizioni.2006.
English versionMonographs On the medicinal uses of plants drugs European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy. Second edition 2003. Thieme.
- ESCOP Monographs On the medicinal uses of plants drugs European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy. Second edition Supplement 2009. Thieme.
- WHO Monographs Selected medicinal plants. Vol.1-2-3-4-5. World Health Organization Geneva.
Downloadable at the link: http://apps.who.int/medicinedoc/en/d/Js2200e/
- Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission E Monographs. American Botanical Council. 2000
- Blumental L. The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs. The American Botanical Council. 2003
- PDR for Herbal Medicines. 2000. THOMSON publisher.